Take responsibility for ideas and turn them into real solutions
Dear Idea Owners,
Thank you for taking on the important role of an Idea Owner. This guide is designed to help new Campaign Idea Owners manage their ideas through the funnel and within the organization. The guide contains brief descriptions of features, how-to videos, and detailed Support Articles.
To begin, this short video will show you how IdeaScale works.
1. Idea Ownership
Innovation campaigns need to ensure that each idea is properly considered for advancement.
Moderators ensure the best ideas flow forward and they frequently need help.
In some campaigns, moderators need help deciding how best to advance an idea forward or an idea might be selected for investment and the idea now needs to be managed as a project by an owner. This is where you come in. Depending on the campaign and its funnel, a moderator may assign an idea to an idea owner.
Reach out to your campaign’s moderator, or sponsor, to discuss the idea and expectations for the campaign. If you have not reviewed the campaign’s About page, please do so to understand what the campaign is about and how the idea relates to the campaign’s goals.
2. My Owned Ideas Tab
Idea owners can find and manage all their owned ideas from the My Ideas tab within their Profile. The ideas are displayed by the dates they were submitted.
3. Idea Owner Privileges
The assigned idea owners have the right to change stages and edit the ideas to which they are assigned. Idea Owners will be able to change or assign new idea owners to the ideas they are Idea owners of.
Idea owners can change the stages of their assigned ideas from the homepage as well as the idea detail page.
- Review the Idea Ownership Video Overview.
4. Project Management Features
As ideas are pre-screened, refined, or assessed, moderators, and idea owners, will need to manage their innovation projects. There are several IdeaScale features that support project managers who are responsible for developing ideas into solutions. It is a best practice for a campaign team to discuss which features will be utilized, and how, prior to launching campaigns.
- Review the Project Management Features Video Overview.
5. Recommended Next Steps
- Review your campaign’s About page to understand the goals of the campaign and its funnel.
- Review your idea to see who the idea submitter is and if other idea owners are assigned to the idea that you can collaborate with when working on your idea.
- Reach out to the moderator to understand your role and the expectations of managing the idea. For example, you may need to answer additional questions about the idea, assess the idea’s viability or start building a draft or prototype of the idea’s solution. You may also need to move the idea forward to the next stage in the funnel.
6. IdeaScale Resources
- IdeaScale Support Center has definitions and instructions for configuring features.
- Be inspired by our Community of Practice (case studies) and Customer Success Stories.
- Sign up for some valuable Innovation Courses to take!
- IdeaScale Blog