Common questions around videos and images that IdeaScale Supports
Videos and images can be added in several places in the community as well as while submitting an idea or a comment.
- What type of videos does IdeaScale Support?
You can upload the following file types: mp4, m4v, ogv, ogg, m3u8, webm, webmv, wmv, mpg, mpeg, mov.
- What type of platforms does Ideascale Support for embedding videos?
Youtube, Vimeo, Qumu, Vidyard, Kaltura, Brightcove, Vbrick, Intrado and MS Stream
- What type of audio does IdeaScale Support?
You can upload the following file types: mp3, wav, m4a, oga.
- What type of images does IdeaScale Support?
gif, bmp, png, jpg, jpeg, ico, obj, .stl, and .stp.
- What type of files are supported for preview?
mp4, m4a, mp3, ogv, ogg, oga, webmv, wav, mov.
- How can I embed a video in the rich text editor
You can grab video URL link from platform where video is hosted and insert it in video embed tool from rich text editor as shown below.
- Can I upload encrypted files?
Encrypted files are not supported directly but they can be added in a zip file for upload.
Best Practice: Ideascale supports video embedding with popular platforms like Youtube, Vimeo, Qumu, Vidyard, Kaltura, Brightcove, Vbrick, Intrado and MS Stream. So first, upload your videos in these sites and then simply enter or link video URL where you want to publish your videos
- The below-mentioned file types are not currently supported
videos: flv, wmv, mpg, m3u8
images: tif, tiff, svg.
- Individual file size should not exceed 25MB. The smaller the file, the faster it will load.
- CMYK color mode is for print media and RGB is for Electronic Media (Monitor, TV, Phone etc)/ Web. Make sure that the uploaded file must be saved in RGB color mode otherwise, the image color might change texture in the web view.