Creation, editing and visibility of custom pages
Path: Community Settings >> Customization >> Look & Feel >> Site HTML Pages >> Custom Pages
Using our Custom Pages feature, you can provide information to your users that is not found in other places within your community. This information can be found in a tab by all users. Some different examples for how our clients leverage Custom Pages is for FAQ's about the community including the 'How and Why' users should submit an idea, linking to important web pages outside of the community (company website, etc.), Rules of Engagement for your community, and Success Stories of previous ideas submitted.
Creating custom page
1. To add a new custom page, click on the link 'Add', next click on 'Edit'.
2. Insert the custom Page Title (name that will appear on the tab) and Friendly URL ( i.e. custom-page) and Save Changes. Enter the content to be shown on the page under 'Content'.
You can create custom pages using HTML or WYSIWYG.
Link Appears in Explore Dropdown: Only after enabling this switch will make the custom page to show up in the Explore dropdown.
Link Appears in Footer: Enabling this switch will make appear custom page in the footer of the community home page.
Internal/external links in the Custom Page (HTML)
1. You can add an internal and external page link to the custom page by using this code:
<a herf= "pageurl">Text to be linked</a> (replace 'pageurl' with the URL of the page to be linked and 'Text to be linked' with the actual word or text which will be clicked).
2. You should be now able to see the link as clickable displayed on the custom page.
PDF files/Excel sheet/image files to the custom page (HTML)
1. You can add any PDF/ Excel sheet/ image file to the custom page but first, you will need to upload the file in the Community file library.
2. Copy the File URL and paste it into the custom page and save changes.
Here is the sample code for PDF:
<a href='file url'> Text to be linked </a> (replace 'file url' with the URL of the file to be linked and 'Text to be linked' with the actual word or text which will be clicked).
Reordering Custom Pages
The pages can be reordered by dragging the dots grid.
One important new feature is 'Draft Mode' for Custom Pages. When looking at all your pages in the settings if the Explore Tab says 'On' that means your page is live for your end-users to view. If you don't want your end-users to be able to access the page, please follow the below directions to put the page in 'Draft Mode'.
Click Edit next to the page that you wish no longer to be live.
In the page settings turn off the feature 'Link Appears in Explore Dropdown'
Repeat that for all Custom Pages you don't want to appear in the Explore dropdown.
Custom page update
A new update to existing custom pages will be denoted by the explore button turning blue. The links to the custom pages will also appear in blue for updated pages.